Return to list New
View: 530|Reply: 25

[Discuss] H44 information

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-17 20:54 | Show all posts |Read mode

You can view the details after logging in the account

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Can the test team explain how the changes to H44 guns have made the KM grind better?Thank you for appearing to finally address things but I have a few questions.Has the "supposed" KM range advantage been made so it is actually an advantage?It appears that the 20" guns are now weaker than the 16.5 were?That would be great if the shell damage was improved (but apparently it was only made less bad?)So the max damage that KM shells can cause is still really low compared to everyone else.Has spread been fixed? Or are we to expect still only landing a shell or two on enemy BB's when they can hit us with full salvos? At level 112-114 with KM Elite Gunners I still never got as tight of spread as other nations seem to get.How do the level 100 vs level 110 guns compare now for KM?Which are better, which get more range (is there a range advantage over their 100/110 courterparts?)Why weren't the H44 hitbox/size and lack of ability to take any sort of damage addressed?Thanks for the work so far (hopefully the KM grind will be improved a tiny bit with fixes), but like everything else with KM, it seems like there is still work to do to make it as strong as the rest of the nations.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 21:10 | Show all posts

H44 information

I haven't had the time to test it out much, just a few games, but as far as my guidelines say, the range of the new 20 is a tad shorter than what the 16.5 used to be.
The 20 over 16.5 should give a good advantage over any armored targets. Not much else to comment, still just getting used to them.
Would be nice to see a range and spread comparison of before and after.
Regardless, good job so far, it's great to see the long-term work is finally getting an output.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 21:48 | Show all posts

H44 information

if you don't notice the range advantage VS other nations then you're playing the ship wrong.I played it a couple of games and the guns seem to have a better damage consistancy and tighter spread (if you don't like this spread i wouldn't recommend RM to you LOL)  then before. Range is still the same I believe and if not its still more then any other bb5. I love the fact that i dont have to switch AP for every Uk ship. (I think armor penetration at max angle goes to 9" deck)and as for damage: H44 doesn't need more dmg because then it would be OP. when playing H44 good you're a hard target to take down. just learn slingshotting thats [email protected]: thanks for the time you guys invested in this patch 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 22:02 | Show all posts

H44 information

I'm very pleased with how the 44 turned out, the fact my shells no longer bounce on unarmored targets and do actual damage bring a smile to my face.  I am happy i got to help with testing to get the ready to go.  It was a long time coming to fix them, with the damage they now do they don't need a damage buff doing so would make the h44 far too powerful.

@OP: The changes were intended to remove the terrible bounce rate the h44 16.5" guns had as well as fix the massive consistancy issue with damage per salvo.  Now the h44 can easily with a near full to full salvo pump out 44-45k damage on an un-armored target.  As well as punch through up to 9" of UK deck anything more it has to use AP. 
If this was left alone when a H44 had to flee from rushing ships it would be decimated fairly quickly since it had such bad damage consitancy.   Now however it can do enough damage to force back or kill rushers. 
Was very pleased to nearly 1 shot a full health italian bb5 at max range today which is something i have not enjoyed in a long time with the h44.  The dual 20" guns are better than the old 16.5" guns, and have better range and damage consistancy compared to the dual 18" 110 guns.  The spread should still be pretty solid, getting a good spread with my elite BVE accuracy gunners for germany at lvl 106. 
It is nice to be able to land 2-3 shells on a ship in the orange and be able to sink it with the 44

Overall use the 20" duals, they are the gunset for the h44 and will serve you well.  Also if we had adjusted anything else on the h44 such as how it takes damage and the like now it would upset the balance of the other BB5's plus it would have taken far longer to implement anything like this gun fix. 
Later on after other important balancing projects like subs and ASW and italy are addressed we will get to the bb5's as a whole.  Alex has a post sticked that outlines our goals for what we want to get fixed and the order we will work in.
http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=10009&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=C03&page1=1 
It is on that topic first post under "Initial roadmap".

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 22:07 | Show all posts

H44 information

I will address point by point and maybe others might add to it.How is the grind better? - The changes to the KM gun made the damage more consistant. Before you could hit full salvos of 16k and others as high as 50 something, now you will hit the intended damage in almost all hits. The grind is better because if you hit something, it will damage it.KM Range advantage - Having already grinded KM, I can say for sure that the advantage has always been there. The new guns don't change the range, meaning that the advantage is also there. KM requires a unique playstyle based mainly on slingshooting, if you play it like every other nation, you won't appreciate the range advantage.20" weaker than 16.5" - The 20" are more consistant than the 16.5" so it won't give you the odd 50k+ damage output that you could sometimes get with the 16.5", but since it is more consistant, it won't give you the 16k output either. This means that in overall the 20" will give you a better damage than the 16.5".Shell damage improved - It was made consistant and by that, improved. Max damage of KM low - Yes, it is still low compared to other nations because its a national trait countered by the range advantage. It will never be high.Spread fixed - It was improved slightly, but again, a good spread is not a KM national trait. It is meant to have a bad spread but with good gunners you can get good hits. You have lvl112-114 which means you still have space to improve. lvl100 vs lvl110 guns - With the lvl100 fixed, the lvl110 are now almost useless. The intended setup is with the lvl100.H44 hitbox and ability to take damage fix? - It wasn't wrong, so we didn't have to fix it. The ability to take damage is in line with the national trait and the range it has. If you take advantage of the unique playstyle of KM, you will hardly get hit.KM is a very good nation, but it is also very hard to use. If you play it like any other nation, you won't maximize the advantages it has.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 22:46 | Show all posts

H44 information

great work guys love you all for it and this info also helps a great deal tyvm to the team that did all the work and its voulenteers

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-17 23:20 | Show all posts

H44 information

From what it seems any range reduction is only because the spread isnt as bad. I really like the fact that with 120 gunners you dont need to worry so much about random shotgun salvos like you did before.

The only thing I question about everything is the reload increase. I didnt notice it when I first looked at the patch notes so it threw me off abit with my timing. It wasnt a huge increase but it was noticible.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-18 01:24 | Show all posts

H44 information

Pre patch
17-41k
Up to 7.8/7.9 deck
+0 accuracy
Faster reload

Up to 8.8 deck
+1 accuracy
Slightly Longer reload

Use magic Report

NavyField

2022-12-8 00:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.023951 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.