NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
View: 848|Reply: 71

[Discuss] NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-19 19:28 | Show all posts |Read mode

You can view the details after logging in the account

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hi,
With the rights to NF2 going to Nexon, the recent release of NF2 on other servers, and the huge reduction in GM/Vick11 contact (there have been less posts from them than even the Yuno era), most people think that Navyfield NFNA is being closed.
We know the NFNA office in Seatle has been closed. The community want to know if and when these servers will be closed. I have a number of fleets that want to join a fleet league with me, however, we don't want to start it only to have the servers close and the league unfinished.
Can we have some sort of announcement as to what is happening, and more information on NF2? Its terrible that we have to find out through 3rd party websites, not on Navyfield.comAt the moment, most people due to this are considering not playing NF2 alltogether (there are a lot of people unhappy with Nexon, myself, I am keeping an open mind). Some re-assurance and some community management could go a long way.  Otherwise it seems you are abandoning your loyal existing community.I would appreciate a post from SDE for this and some kind of post in General Discussion.(And to those that usually come into my threads and flame; Please leave it out and take it elsewhere for once.) 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-19 20:40 | Show all posts

NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

Not being deliberately quiet, but not had much to respond to or new news just recently.  The situation with how NF2 will be rolled out beyond Japan has not been finalised to the best of my limited knowledge, so nothing to add on that right now, but I will ask again if there is more that could be released.  Working in the background for the upcoming Fleet War event and there is no planned drawdown of NFNA at this time.

If you want more contact with me you only need ask questions or post something that needs a response (like this one) and invariably you will get it.  However, I dont believe in posting nothing of value just so I appear here and there   Does not mean I am not watching though.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 00:13 | Show all posts

Nice to see people putting their 2 cents for causing panic and bringing game down.
Faster way of killing game is spreading the rumor about game is going to be closed.
Maybe Chief Moderator reply about this should be more short and don't let any doubt about it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-20 00:49 | Show all posts

racko]
Nice to see people putting their 2 cents for causing panic and bringing game down.
Faster way of killing game is spreading the rumor about game is going to be closed.
Maybe Chief Moderator reply about this should be more short and don't let any doubt about it.
[/QUOTE]Go bandwagon elsewhere. You wouldn't have posted this if anyone else made the thread, so just man up and get with the issue.
ick11]
Not being deliberately quiet, but not had much to respond to or new news just recently.  The situation with how NF2 will be rolled out beyond Japan has not been finalised to the best of my limited knowledge, so nothing to add on that right now, but I will ask again if there is more that could be released.  Working in the background for the upcoming Fleet War event and there is no planned drawdown of NFNA at this time.
If you want more contact with me you only need ask questions or post something that needs a response (like this one) and invariably you will get it.  However, I dont believe in posting nothing of value just so I appear here and there   Does not mean I am not watching though.
[/QUOTE]http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=11545&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=C01&page1=1http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=11557&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=C01&page1=1Just two examples. I could also post the relevant Nexon pages. It would be nice if you or SDE posted more with these updates, rather than leaving it up to the community again. If SDE aren't feeding you this news, then why? You all made a promise to communicate with the community, and the majority of the community just assume you guys don't care by posting. Just look at this thread:-http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=7004&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=C01&page1=1" First and foremost, I am announcing our (SDE) pledge  to listen (yes really) to our loyal player base. It's cliché by now, but you know that NF would not be around if it wasn't for the long time players."Where is the listening? Players have been hugely concerned about Nexon, but nothing has been said or done to reassure them. Why not get a PR guy from Nexon to do a Q&A here? Why not have SDE or Nexon (whoever will run NF1 if it stays) make a pledge that the servers won't go down for at least X amount of time?If you could pass this on to whoever makes the decisions, then great. As you can see above, the community are very concerned (ignoring the usual bandwagonists who take the opposite side of me no matter what I say). 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 01:24 | Show all posts

The players' fears mentioned by LJ fully justify this thread and players ARE concerned about how long the servers will actually be up and running with the announcement of the sequel.
It is sad we have to rely on 3rd party sites to get informed about NF2/3D. If it weren't for Fara, I wouldn't even know that NF makes an appearance at Gamescon (which takes place less than 70 kilometers away from my place).

Telling the community about what's going on might douse the flames.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 03:59 | Show all posts

Lj, do you think spreading rumors about NFNA is going to be closed is good for the game?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 04:14 | Show all posts

Irrespective of LJs concerns, I think alike when it comes to that. The advent of World of Warships and the sequel of Navyfield, all additional nations being released, Nexon, the decline in terms of player numbers...makes you think, doesn't it?

For my part NFNA could run until Doomsday come, we love this buggy game. In a masochist way ;-)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-20 05:00 | Show all posts

oomraver]
Irrespective of LJs concerns, I think alike when it comes to that. The advent of World of Warships and the sequel of Navyfield, all additional nations being released, Nexon, the decline in terms of player numbers...makes you think, doesn't it?

For my part NFNA could run until Doomsday come, we love this buggy game. In a masochist way ;-)
[/QUOTE]My main concern is the reduction of staff for NFNA (GM's have left with no replacements), and the closure of the NFNA Seattle office.It sends a clear message.

Use magic Report

Blocklist|NavyField

2023-2-6 00:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.028793 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.