NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
Author: ljsevern

[Discuss] NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-20 09:17 | Show all posts

NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

Another question to add to LJ's list.
When is SDE going to consolidate/merge the two remaining NF1 NFNA Servers?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 12:09 | Show all posts

I'll be honest and admit that the news of NF2 and Nexon caught me a bit off guard and that a recent lack of new news regarding ongoing projects have kept update posting a bit limited. This is not to say that there is not progress being made. As with most everything we do, progress may be slow but steady.
For the matter at hand, I have had a discussion with Korea and have the following confirmations to provide:
1) NFNA is being treated as a completely separate product from NF2. Our current NFNA team of GMs and devs will continue working on NFNA independently  regardless of the outcome of NF2's launch.
2) Since our team is not directly involved with NF2, we cannot comment on Nexon's plans or involvement with regards to publishing of NF2. However, I can confirm that NFNA will continue to run and be maintained by SDE for as long as feasible after NF2 is launched regardless of Nexon's plans. To reiterate, NFNA is not scheduled to close nor will be pressured to close after NF2 launches.
Our current stance is to continue supporting NFNA for as long as possible. The Fleet War will commence as scheduled and we will see through to its complete conclusion, however long that may take. At which point, our team will continue serving those of you who have come to enjoy the current NF experience, providing slow but steady updates and balance changes to cause continued heated discussions.
We know that NF2 might not appeal to everyone in our loyal community. We have testers that enjoy helping us improve this buggy classic game and a close-nit group of supporters who continue having fun playing NF with their friends. For these players, we hope to continue providing NFNA for as long as possible. There is no decommission planned for us.
-Randy
P.S.: I'll leave this open for your thoughts before providing the news in General Discussion.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 17:27 | Show all posts

jsevern]
oomraver]
Irrespective of LJs concerns, I think alike when it comes to that. The advent of World of Warships and the sequel of Navyfield, all additional nations being released, Nexon, the decline in terms of player numbers...makes you think, doesn't it?

For my part NFNA could run until Doomsday come, we love this buggy game. In a masochist way ;-)
[/QUOTE]My main concern is the reduction of staff for NFNA (GM's have left with no replacements), and the closure of the NFNA Seattle office.It sends a clear message.
[/QUOTE]

My guess is Dec 2012 matey time enough for SDE to do one more push for $$$.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 17:52 | Show all posts

eamNF]
For the matter at hand, I have had a discussion with Korea and have the following confirmations to provide:
[/QUOTE]
While providing the community with an update in the general area.....
Can you please include the latest schedule of work in progress..
1) Update HA - due Q1 20122) Window 64 bit improvements - due Q1 20123) DirectX 8+ support - due Q2 2012We are in Q3 Now ... recent patches/updates have only included updates for ships (ie H44 patch) that were tested by the test community.
WHAT ARE THE DEVs ACTUALLY WORKING ON AND WHEN ARE THEY DUE?
ps.. how many Devs are actually employed and assigned to NFNA/ NF2d ?Are they full time employee or part time?
thanks

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-20 22:04 | Show all posts

After this last patch they might as well shut down these servers. Most ridiculous patch ever. I know a lot of us are thinking about going else where, not just unhappy.
Does NFNA have to give any notice that they are shutting down? No. We are just people that play a game. We do not make business decisions, they do.
It's a free game, just some spent money on it. Spending money on a game give us rights to know what's going on the business end? No.
Quit think like a gamer LJ and start thinking like a business man. If you not employed by NFNA you don't have any right to know nothing, your just a game player.
You might want to start thinking of shutting down ONF it's useless.

Use magic Report

anonymous
anonymous  Post time 2012-8-21 03:42

"Does NFNA have to give any notice that they are shutting down? No. We are just people that play a game. We do not make business decisions, they do." The point of this thread was to ask wasn't it? Not demand notice? Anyways thanks randy for the clear up, I've been wondering the same thing myself. 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 04:27 | Show all posts

racko]
Nice to see people putting their 2 cents for causing panic and bringing game down.
Faster way of killing game is spreading the rumor about game is going to be closed.
Maybe Chief Moderator reply about this should be more short and don't let any doubt about it.

[/QUOTE]
They're valid concearns. At this point its quite obvious the NF we all love is on the downside, it has been for some time. Just look what happened at NFJP.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 05:21 | Show all posts

2CxBongRipz]
racko]
Nice to see people putting their 2 cents for causing panic and bringing game down.
Faster way of killing game is spreading the rumor about game is going to be closed.
Maybe Chief Moderator reply about this should be more short and don't let any doubt about it.

[/QUOTE]
They're valid concearns. At this point its quite obvious the NF we all love is on the downside, it has been for some time. Just look what happened at NFJP.
[/QUOTE]

Of course all we have concerns about it and we want to know, but i don't see how making noise on forums and spreading false information can help to this.  For example that post on GD forums claiming GMs already told Vick servers will be close soon, i mean, that is causing panic and i don't get the target of that.
Of course the game we all love will die sooner or later, but i don't see why we have to accelerate it with such stupid comments. There is still the option of merging the servers, still a good number of players play the game and maybe NF2 release is delayed, or maybe when new NF starts it will not be so succesful as people think ... a lot of things can happen .... even mk2 seems to doesn't have all the information about it.
So, let's just relax instead falling in a panic spyral "omg, they are closing the game, omg" and let's wait for an official update from the community manager, i hope it will be as complete as he can give and i hope it will calm the community about this.

Use magic Report

NavyField

2022-12-8 01:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.021105 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.