NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
Author: ljsevern

[Discuss] NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-26 04:19 | Show all posts

NFNA Closure? More Silence from SDE?

jsevern]
indher]
This is hilarious. I applaud you RS Fleet.
[/QUOTE]
Another constructive post as always Sindher. What would we ever do without you.
[/QUOTE]My word, stop being such a whiny little kid. The whole act is getting boring now. The whole thread so provocative, it's hilarious.Also, I thought you weren't looking to help the morons of this game anymore? Weren't you supposed to go back to your old trolling self? 

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-26 05:16 | Show all posts

indher]
jsevern]
indher]
This is hilarious. I applaud you RS Fleet.
[/QUOTE]
Another constructive post as always Sindher. What would we ever do without you.
[/QUOTE]My word, stop being such a whiny little kid. The whole act is getting boring now. The whole thread so provocative, it's hilarious.Also, I thought you weren't looking to help the morons of this game anymore? Weren't you supposed to go back to your old trolling self? 
[/QUOTE]The thread isn't provocative, and I still harbour hope for the game, and the members of the community that want balanced gameplay, decent events and want constructive discussion.But feel free to keep proving me right by flaming constantly. And the longer it goes on without Vick stepping in, the more it proves my point further. 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-26 05:30 | Show all posts

Not much to reply to Vick?

How about this thread?

http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?page=4&num=9218&category=F01&searchType=0&searchValue=&pageCount=0&sort=5&page1=2

We have heard shit from SDE for months now.  Whatever happened to trying to get more involved with the community?  Releasing new NF, letting old one die is what happened.

How some of you people can look at the work that some members of the community put in, then look at the responses from SDE and not die of embarassment for them is beyond me.

This game CONTINUES to circle the drain.  There hasn't been a positive point for YEARS, Yuno finally getting thrown out for the useless piece of trash he was might have been the start of something special, and I certainly tried to make that happen for my part, but the same old shit still stinks... of the same old shit.

Community getting smaller day by day, TNF doing very little, SDE doing even less.  The fact that some of you in here are too retarded to actually look at something objectively and move forward TOGETHER is the biggest tragedy of this game.  This game requires concerted pressure on SDE to do their job and start providing the sort of support they should do.

But no, because it is a Ljsevern idea, or a Jedi idea the retards amongst you just flame it down without even thinking about it.  Sometimes I wonder if they read this forum and then just decide not to post on days when there is an outbreak of "full retard", that would at least explain why they don't post.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-26 21:38 | Show all posts

Again, this derailed on a monouser thread. Seeing the title and the opener noone got surprised i guess.

@Splid
"But no, because it is a Ljsevern idea, or a Jedi idea the retards  amongst you just flame it down without even thinking about it."

Splid, i tought about it, but i don't get how spreading false information about the game is going to be closed is "a good idea". No matter the person/fleet who does that, i see that stupid, as many other ppl on the thread saw it too.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-26 23:09 | Show all posts

racko]
@Splid
"But no, because it is a Ljsevern idea, or a Jedi idea the retards  amongst you just flame it down without even thinking about it."

Splid, i tought about it, but i don't get how spreading false information about the game is going to be closed is "a good idea". No matter the person/fleet who does that, i see that stupid, as many other ppl on the thread saw it too.
[/QUOTE]

Ignore that particular line of thought Cracko, that is not what I am talking about.

Now, do you think that SDE is doing a good enough job of supporting the community?  That is the point I am making, and quite frankly I can't see how anyone can answer yes to that question.  We get sporadic and often useless updates of information in general discussion posts, barely any of the ideas that we have proposed in the past have been taken on board.

One of the biggest points we made when DarkGM took over was that he needs to engage the FULL community, including those who have already left.  We suggested sending out e-mails offering a month's free sub to players who come back and fill in a form detailing WHY THEY LEFT.  This is something that would give a huge indication of where SDE are going wrong and why the playerbase shrinks but they haven't bothered.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-27 00:13 | Show all posts

plid]
racko]
@Splid
"But no, because it is a Ljsevern idea, or a Jedi idea the retards   amongst you just flame it down without even thinking about it."

Splid, i tought about it, but i don't get how spreading false  information about the game is going to be closed is "a good idea". No  matter the person/fleet who does that, i see that stupid, as many other  ppl on the thread saw it too.
[/QUOTE]

Ignore that particular line of thought Cracko, that is not what I am talking about.

Now, do you think that SDE is doing a good enough job of supporting  the community?  That is the point I am making, and quite frankly I can't  see how anyone can answer yes to that question.  We get sporadic and  often useless updates of information in general discussion posts, barely  any of the ideas that we have proposed in the past have been taken on  board.

One of the biggest points we made when DarkGM took over was that he  needs to engage the FULL community, including those who have already  left.  We suggested sending out e-mails offering a month's free sub to  players who come back and fill in a form detailing WHY THEY LEFT.  This  is something that would give a huge indication of where SDE are going  wrong and why the playerbase shrinks but they haven't bothered.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, will ignore it.

Yes, there are plenty of good, simple and useful ideas, that one was very good.

Most of the time are ignored and barely read, i guess sometimes some  of these ideas would be seriously considered before rejected them. But  since the comunication is minimal we don't know if it's laziness or not.  We don't know when we make a good suggestion if it's not done because  of laziness, because real lack of resources or because it's really too  hard.

I also do think TNF needs an urgent renovation. As some kind of  "link" between SDE and the players it needs to be filled with active  people, even paying them some $$, i'm pretty sure there are a lot of  boys with 15-20 years that would do an excellent job just for getting  some dollars at the end of the month. If you add some dollars to their  "volunteer motivation" we could get more active and competent  moderators (don't get me wrong, we already got some, but they are not enough).

TNF needs too be more active and "proffesional" and for me it's one of the keys for getting this game alive.  Some of the high ranks mods are rarely online and lost contact with the  community while other new TNFs appear they should get higher ranks and  access to more responsabilities. We need more TNFs, more active, more  motivated and more professional, we have some but they are not enough,  we need more.

Also the main tool for having a solid community are the forums. The  enviroment of forums is not good, threads derail too often, too much  trolling and too much attention whoring. For some reasons FMs don't stop  that. Reasons are widely know by everyone and reasons are stupid. I  honestly think more balanced, consistent, and less biased moderation  policy are needed for forums in order to get a more solid and mature  community rather than favouritism certain people. Many valuable and valid people just pass to participate on forums due to that, got bored, left forums and after that left game.

Detailed many suggestions here weeks ago, and months ago, and years ago.
http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=10854&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=F01&page1=1
Many people suggested too many things along months and years too ...

But the question is not arguing and suggesting. The question is if we  want to help the game we need more interaction with SDE, much more than  we are having (close to zero). I thought the original idea of these  forums was that, to have mature discussions about the direction of the game (i was totally wrong) instead arguing about appeals,  making dramas, witch hunts and more useless things we saw last months. I also tought the idea of the comunity manager was a different one, maybe too work on the same person too ... who knows. Who knows because we dont have information.

Then .. it must be TNFs the one respresting the players then for  having interaction with SDE? They are not enough at all. It gives the  impression the lack of resources is hard, the lack of motivation and  activity in some TNFs is worrying and i think somes policies inside  should change (paying them, rewards for more active TNFs, dismiss  inactive mods still in high rank possitions and give the responsability  to new and active ones) ... but since i have no idea about how TNF works  internally and what makes a moderator "valuable" i can't make precise suggestions. We don't have information,  we can't help, same story.

Also i remember someone suggested something like a council of players of  something like that. If TNF resources and people involved are going to  be the same maybe that council should be formed ... or maybe limit this  fleet leader forums to less people ... we need better interaction with  SDE. Many ideas we could give, but again, if we don't have information  about how things work we can't help and i'm pretty sure some players  know better the game than many GMs and TNFs.

Just my point of view of the issue, even not having much information i don't think is too far from reality.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-27 06:29 | Show all posts

racko]
plid]
racko]
@Splid
"But no, because it is a Ljsevern idea, or a Jedi idea the retards amongst you just flame it down without even thinking about it."

[/QUOTE]

Now, do you think that SDE is doing a good enough job of supporting the community?  That is the point I am making, and quite frankly I can't see how anyone can answer yes to that question.  We get sporadic and often useless updates of information in general discussion posts, barely any of the ideas that we have proposed in the past have been taken on board.

One of the biggest points we made when DarkGM took over was that he needs to engage the FULL community, including those who have already left.  We suggested sending out e-mails offering a month's free sub to players who come back and fill in a form detailing WHY THEY LEFT.  This is something that would give a huge indication of where SDE are going wrong and why the playerbase shrinks but they haven't bothered.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, will ignore it.

Yes, there are plenty of good, simple and useful ideas, that one was very good.

Most of the time are ignored and barely read, i guess sometimes some of these ideas would be seriously considered before rejected them. But since the comunication is minimal we don't know if it's laziness or not. We don't know when we make a good suggestion if it's not done because of laziness, because real lack of resources or because it's really too hard.

I also do think TNF needs an urgent renovation. As some kind of "link" between SDE and the players it needs to be filled with active people, even paying them some $$, i'm pretty sure there are a lot of boys with 15-20 years that would do an excellent job just for getting some dollars at the end of the month. If you add some dollars to their "volunteer motivation" we could get more active and competent moderators (don't get me wrong, we already got some, but they are not enough).

TNF needs too be more active and "proffesional" and for me it's one of the keys for getting this game alive. Some of the high ranks mods are rarely online and lost contact with the community while other new TNFs appear they should get higher ranks and access to more responsabilities. We need more TNFs, more active, more motivated and more professional, we have some but they are not enough, we need more.

Also the main tool for having a solid community are the forums. The enviroment of forums is not good, threads derail too often, too much trolling and too much attention whoring. For some reasons FMs don't stop that. Reasons are widely know by everyone and reasons are stupid. I honestly think more balanced, consistent, and less biased moderation policy are needed for forums in order to get a more solid and mature community rather than favouritism certain people. Many valuable and valid people just pass to participate on forums due to that, got bored, left forums and after that left game.

Detailed many suggestions here weeks ago, and months ago, and years ago.
http://fm.en.kupaisky.com/Community/Forum/View.aspx?num=10854&searchtype=0&pagecount=0&searchvalue=&sort=5&category=F01&page1=1
Many people suggested too many things along months and years too ...

But the question is not arguing and suggesting. The question is if we want to help the game we need more interaction with SDE, much more than we are having (close to zero). I thought the original idea of these forums was that, to have mature discussions about the direction of the game (i was totally wrong) instead arguing about appeals, making dramas, witch hunts and more useless things we saw last months. I also tought the idea of the comunity manager was a different one, maybe too work on the same person too ... who knows. Who knows because we dont have information.

Then .. it must be TNFs the one respresting the players then for having interaction with SDE? They are not enough at all. It gives the impression the lack of resources is hard, the lack of motivation and activity in some TNFs is worrying and i think somes policies inside should change (paying them, rewards for more active TNFs, dismiss inactive mods still in high rank possitions and give the responsability to new and active ones) ... but since i have no idea about how TNF works internally and what makes a moderator "valuable" i can't make precise suggestions. We don't have information, we can't help, same story.

Also i remember someone suggested something like a council of players of something like that. If TNF resources and people involved are going to be the same maybe that council should be formed ... or maybe limit this fleet leader forums to less people ... we need better interaction with SDE. Many ideas we could give, but again, if we don't have information about how things work we can't help and i'm pretty sure some players know better the game than many GMs and TNFs.

Just my point of view of the issue, even not having much information i don't think is too far from reality.

[/QUOTE]Well written and said......

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-27 20:11 | Show all posts

Well said Cracko.

Use magic Report

Blocklist|NavyField

2023-2-1 01:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.027453 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.