NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
Author: magalson

[Discuss] My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-21 03:19 | Show all posts

My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

DON'T buy the sub elite pack. If you are looking to raise a very good crew, you'll be disappointed.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-21 03:32 | Show all posts

ricIdle]
DON'T buy the sub elite pack. If you are looking to raise a very good crew, you'll be disappointed.

[/QUOTE]
Would you please be so kind to explain me why?! And also for the posts that will folow, please explain instead of just making a statement!
It gives allot more depth and makes informations more valuable.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 10:44 | Show all posts

agalson]
ricIdle]

[/QUOTE]
Would you please be so kind to explain me why?! And also for the posts that will folow, please explain instead of just making a statement!
[/QUOTE]
From the pack, you only really "need" the engineer and one potential.  The BO can be anything, 12 torps cap easily enough, and look for 14 or greater potential with high rep/res stats.  You're probably better off paying for more elite engineers or boosts.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 10:45 | Show all posts

agalson]
ricIdle]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
The only useful sailor in the sub pack is the elite rep (and better used on a BB than a sub)...:

1) A sub's BO does not need guidelines, so an elite pot sailor for that is a complete waste. Most people actually ghost their BOs (meaning BO stats do not matter).
2) A far better engineer is one with +12 engine and +10 (or better) restore. You could even consider a +11 engine / +12 restore sailor for a very good engineer. If you are sure to reach 900 SD (your first objective), you could even aim for more repair ability by preferring engies with not only good restore, but also good repair.
3) Elite torp is just a complete waste - torp ability caps at 650k true ability. What you can do with an elite torp (front torp, the back torp man would in most cases be ghosted anyway) is remove a little more crew from him without falling below the torp cap.
4) elite pot for sonarman and planesman - many people prefer pot +15 or +14 with decent restore plus repair. The one sailor that needs to be BVEd (or possibly more) is the planesman. If you have a planesman that is not only good in pot, you gain doubly.
For the sonarman, there are two approaches: either you have one with good pot and BVEd the heck out of to gain that tiny little edge in underwater search range. Then again, it would be a shame to max pot only. A better sonarman would have +15 / +14 pot with good restore plus repair. The second approach is to have a ghosted sailor as a sonarman if you are confident that you don't need that tiny edge. The biggest boost to underwater search range comes from just putting a sonarman (of whatever stats) into a support slot.
For a sub, you need to compare efficiency and sailor weight.
None of this info should be news to an experienced sub player...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-21 11:20 | Show all posts

ricIdle]
agalson]
ricIdle]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
The only useful sailor in the sub pack is the elite rep (and better used on a BB than a sub)...:

1) A sub's BO does not need guidelines, so an elite pot sailor for that is a complete waste. Most people actually ghost their BOs (meaning BO stats do not matter).
2) A far better engineer is one with +12 engine and +10 (or better) restore. You could even consider a +11 engine / +12 restore sailor for a very good engineer. If you are sure to reach 900 SD (your first objective), you could even aim for more repair ability by preferring engies with not only good restore, but also good repair.
3) Elite torp is just a complete waste - torp ability caps at 650k true ability. What you can do with an elite torp (front torp, the back torp man would in most cases be ghosted anyway) is remove a little more crew from him without falling below the torp cap.
4) elite pot for sonarman and planesman - many people prefer pot +15 or +14 with decent restore plus repair. The one sailor that needs to be BVEd (or possibly more) is the planesman. If you have a planesman that is not only good in pot, you gain doubly.
For the sonarman, there are two approaches: either you have one with good pot and BVEd the heck out of to gain that tiny little edge in underwater search range. Then again, it would be a shame to max pot only. A better sonarman would have +15 / +14 pot with good restore plus repair. The second approach is to have a ghosted sailor as a sonarman if you are confident that you don't need that tiny edge. The biggest boost to underwater search range comes from just putting a sonarman (of whatever stats) into a support slot.
For a sub, you need to compare efficiency and sailor weight.
None of this info should be news to an experienced sub player...
[/QUOTE]
I did know that you need to think about your displacement. However i did not know there is so much to take care of. I also saw a crew guide at the KM section.
Gues i now understand why the pack is useless. Going to do this crew by the book and calculations.
Already made a presetup of a crew lvl 1 with stats. Now its only a matter of grining to lvl 12 and choose SN or MN. Still not sure... but gues i will know when the time is right.

Thanks for your replies sofar! ^^

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 15:43 | Show all posts

agalson]
However i did not know there is so much to take care of.
[/QUOTE]
That is, for me, the beauty of this game - looking at different ways of how to raise a good crew.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 16:56 | Show all posts

ricIdle]
agalson]
However i did not know there is so much to take care of.
[/QUOTE]
That is, for me, the beauty of this game - looking at different ways of how to raise a good crew.
[/QUOTE]
The other thing is you could level several extra sailors and see which set up works for you.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 17:45 | Show all posts

kM only if you dont really like to challenge yourself. The Proxi torps gives an enormous advantage against other SS and ASW ships.  Your average damage levels will be higher against all ships due to much much lower dud rate. But you leave every SS fight feeling like a cheater when you miss your enemy but still kill him. They are very common SS nation, 80% of SS at the last count.
Italian SS5 is nice with 4 front 4 rear torps offering interesting play style and rare as new nation. The path to it is nice with good looking SS along the way.
French SS are small but I do not think they offer any great thing. SS5 is has 6 front torps 2 rear so is good at attacking capital ships. New nation so they are rare.
Russion SS5 S has fast torps, but not fast enough for me to rec this nation. 4 front 2 rear offers no real killing power for an SS5 and you will be at the mercy of kM SS3, SS4 and SS5.
UK SS are also rare but the SS5 is very limited in use with its nerfed main gun, so dissapointing after all your hard work, sadly this was not well balanced on introduction.
US SS5 is great, best SS in game imo 6 front 4 rear means many attack options and is the only SS that can truly fight against a skilled kM SS players, but getting to it is a real pain as the SS leading up to it go from terrible to average at best.
IJN is really a one trick pony - Full front attack against capital Ships. Again the SS5 was poorly balanced on introduction, the 2 plane take off limit means it is a useless feature much like the UK BB gun.

Use magic Report

NavyField

2022-12-8 00:46 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.021211 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.