[Copy link]

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-10-28 18:39 | Show all posts

Monty

the good set up for monty is 5eng/4rep/2mainguns/1scout/1bo.....  i go for 24/40.... it doesn't matter if you have no deck ....  all my crew is 109 gunner s116 and the BO104 my speed 24/40

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Sergeant

Credits
Post time 2011-10-28 22:53 | Show all posts

Monty

ick5000]eatrr]Using only 2 REPs on a Monty will be quite frustrating.3 REPs, imho, is minimum for Monty and 4 is a charm.6 ENGs4 REPs2 Main Gunners1 Scout1 BOor4 ENGs4 REPs2 Main Gunners2 AA gunners/PHH1 Scout1 BOor 5 ENGs3 REPs2 Main Gunners2 AA gunners/PHH1 Scout1 BO[/QUOTE]Remember monty has 8 Support slots? ;)[/QUOTE]He posted a full Nebraska setup.Just level 2 main gunners, 2 rld/aa/hh gunners, 4 repairs, 6 engineers and 1 scout. So you can have the option to use almost all the good configuration for the Monty

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-10-29 16:28 | Show all posts

Monty

Ehhh, really depends on play style and how you vet your sailors.I run 6 Engys and 2 Repairs. Don't think you should rely on bulge tbh, since you should always be spotting subs go under and recognize where it's going. And as for TBs, just turn .  Lol

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-10-30 12:48 | Show all posts

Monty

bsessed]Ehhh, really depends on play style and how you vet your sailors.I run 6 Engys and 2 Repairs. Don't think you should rely on bulge tbh, since you should always be spotting subs go under and recognize where it's going. And as for TBs, just turn .  Lol[/QUOTE]Six Engineers is, in my opinion, too many.  The way engineers stack, you get an ever smaller return on each one.  You'll get more skill out of 5 Engineers and a Seaman than you will out of 6 Engineers, and the Seaman does a good job on Repair too.  Plus Seaman ability is uncapped (as far as we can tell), so my 120 seaman with 300 vets does wonders.Monty, I run 4 Engy, 2 Repair, and a Seaman, plus scout and full AA armament (5/38 mk38L).  For Nebby, I added 1 more Repair.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-10-30 17:28 | Show all posts

Monty

tormvanger]bsessed]Ehhh, really depends on play style and how you vet your sailors.I run 6 Engys and 2 Repairs. Don't think you should rely on bulge tbh, since you should always be spotting subs go under and recognize where it's going. And as for TBs, just turn .  Lol[/QUOTE]Six Engineers is, in my opinion, too many.  The way engineers stack, you get an ever smaller return on each one.  You'll get more skill out of 5 Engineers and a Seaman than you will out of 6 Engineers, and the Seaman does a good job on Repair too.  Plus Seaman ability is uncapped (as far as we can tell), so my 120 seaman with 300 vets does wonders.[/QUOTE]Unless your seaman adds more than 12% ability, you're mostly wrong about a seaman being better than a 5th + engineer.A seaman might only add more to your OH than extra engineers above 4 if you haven't capped your OH speed yet, then the way engineers stack, will make a difference in that a seaman might actually allow you to cap OH speed while an extra engineer might not. However that extra engineer will add a lot more OH time than a Seaman  since OH time stacks linearly with extra engineers. If you value the extra knot of speed more than the added OH time, here a seaman is better, but eventually OH spd will be capped so that bonus will no longer apply.A seaman might also add more to your engineering crew instead of an engineer if you can no longer add engineers to the support slots on your ship, a seaman should still work his engineer stuff in a T/R or BO slot.And finally a Seaman might be worth more to you than a 5th( or 6th) engineer if you want better OH time but also want a lot better repair rate and maybe even some reload improvements.In all other situations ppl value the much better OH time gained from extra engineers more than the benefits from a seaman.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-12-6 21:54 | Show all posts

Monty

you have phh's you will be fine with minimum bulge

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-12-7 04:12 | Show all posts

Monty

lliot2lazy]you have phh's you will be fine with minimum bulge[/QUOTE]date check elliot Oo

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2011-12-7 10:16 | Show all posts

Monty

ormpearii]lliot2lazy]you have phh's you will be fine with minimum bulge[/QUOTE]date check elliot Oo[/QUOTE]It's not that bad is it? I mean it's no where near as bad when I necroed  a thread from the originial forums that was one of the first threads made. I was also just trying to be helpful monty + phh on T slots is a beast combo.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | reg

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list