NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
Author: magalson

[Discuss] My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

[Copy link]
Post time 2012-8-21 19:04 | Show all posts

My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

Be advised that the torpedo cap for subs is certainly not 650K, but also not the 800 K that's in Adalbert's guide to ability.According to not so recent testing the Torpedo cap for subs is slightly above 1 M TA. If you keep your torpedoman at 1.1 M TA you should be safely above it.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-21 20:53 | Show all posts

Thanks, danita, for correcting that number.

So Adalbert's guide is out of date for torp reload?

This is what it says:
4) Torpedo==============The reload time of Torpedos is only determined by true torpedo ability of the Torpedo manfiring the torps. It is capped at 50% of the published base reload and you reach it withall torp-launchers of any nation at around 850k true torpedo ability - so pretty early.A bve IJN Torper with +10 base growth reaches it at lvl51.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-21 23:50 | Show all posts

May i thank you all for replying on this topic! I have decided that i will train the MN sub. Hope i dont regret it!
Im already Lvl 18. Can't wait when i get the ss2 (wich is in my opinion the tier where you really "feel" the sub).
Also good to know what the cap is. Hope MN also benefit from a skeleton build (where IJN did not).

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-22 00:45 | Show all posts

ricIdle]
Thanks, danita, for correcting that number.

So Adalbert's guide is out of date for torp reload?

This is what it says:
4) Torpedo==============The reload time of Torpedos is only determined by true torpedo ability of the Torpedo manfiring the torps. It is capped at 50% of the published base reload and you reach it withall torp-launchers of any nation at around 850k true torpedo ability - so pretty early.A bve IJN Torper with +10 base growth reaches it at lvl51.
[/QUOTE]Yes it is out of date.I think it was Sylverxi among others who did torpedo reload tests some time after SS4 were introduced and found that Torpedo no longer capped at 800 k but just above 1M TA.You might have to search the old forum for the tests though.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-22 01:15 | Show all posts

ako089]
agalson]
ricIdle]
DON'T buy the sub elite pack. If you are looking to raise a very good crew, you'll be disappointed.

[/QUOTE]
Would you please be so kind to explain me why?! And also for the posts that will folow, please explain instead of just making a statement!
It gives allot more depth and makes informations more valuable.
[/QUOTE]
From the pack, you only really "need" the engineer and one potential.  The BO can be anything, 12 torps cap easily enough, and look for 14 or greater potential with high rep/res stats.  You're probably better off paying for more elite engineers or boosts.

[/QUOTE]I have a pair of +12 rep +11 restore torp men and they are +8 torp base and they hit the cap in the high 60s.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-22 17:56 | Show all posts

Did you delay class btw? If so, on wich lvl is it adviced?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-24 07:04 | Show all posts

agalson]
[/QUOTE]No class delay on my part. Some people delay the Sonar or Planesman (or both) in order to get more restore ability. I just use a restorer that gives me 900SD on its own. 

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-24 07:58 | Show all posts

agalson]
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't delay class the Planesman.  The sonar I might because of the way it works.  I guess my suggestion would be ~ do it the conventional way the first time and if you want to be creative to change things around, then do it after with another crew.  No sense in trying something with your initial crew and handicapping yourself.

Use magic Report

Blocklist|NavyField

2023-2-1 08:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.025445 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.