NavyField

Forgot password?
 Register
Hot search: ship game
Return to list New
Author: magalson

[Discuss] My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2012-8-25 01:44 | Show all posts

My new Sub, wich faction shall it be?

Thanks for the advices!
Eventually i had decided that I would not further delay class then level 38 (where i get my first sub). Got many comments like: you should have trained around it.
But i want to share this with you: The ss1 of MN is really good!
With a decent amount of O2 and 6 torps in the front this ss1 is a beast. Yes it is slow, but at least not that slow as  vickers with a few torps! The thing that makes this ss1 this good is the torps in front, torp in the back (unique for ss1) and the restore bonus. Ye thats right you've heard me, restore bonus. The french are excelent with restoration and also this sub will benefit from it.
There has been only a few games with 0 xp at the end. Usually i end up with around 20k xp.
Currently in ss2, nice but imo not as good for rushing as the ss1 did. This because everyone underestimated me in a ss1, he was small, was faster restored. Its a nice good sub, dont get me wrong. But it feels more like a small increase of progression wich his increase of a few knots and more air.
Only 8 levels to go and then I will be in SS3. Heard already serveral version of how this one will be. Some say it rocks, and some say theyre to big and clumsy.
Love IJN, but sofar i preform better with MN then IJN.
Another thing i encounterd so far is the classing of sonar. I saw i was able to change his rank to 1st sonarman. But chose not to, this because I have enough growth in potential and it will decrease the restore and repair stats.
Currently I think it will stay at 2nd sonarman, cause there is enough time to reach the cap. Or does the upgrade give you immediately a sight boost?
I will keep you updated and thanks for sharing information once again!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-25 02:49 | Show all posts

I would recommend upclassing your sonarman as soon as possible.  You need to dismiss any reference to sonar caps, as the SS5 is going to take all you have to offer. You'll get your SD later on, that's not your first priority.  That delay classing may be the deal breaker on who spots who first and fires their first torps.   If you run a weakened sonarman (that's what you're doing), then you will be prey and food...period.Wanna have lunch some time?  I'm having some French seafood.  You're invited.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2012-8-25 03:20 | Show all posts

ltra_Dog]
I would recommend upclassing your sonarman as soon as possible.  You need to dismiss any reference to sonar caps, as the SS5 is going to take all you have to offer. You'll get your SD later on, that's not your first priority.  That delay classing may be the deal breaker on who spots who first and fires their first torps.   If you run a weakened sonarman (that's what you're doing), then you will be prey and food...period.Wanna have lunch some time?  I'm having some French seafood.  You're invited.
[/QUOTE]
But what base is very good and wich is not? Because as 2nd sonarrate atm i got +22. Wich is allot in my opinion, but beside that i still get a decent amount of repair and restore +12/+11.
1st sonarman will kill the restore and repair rate and will increase the sonarman, but will that really make the difference? And do i need to see whats comming beyond my torprange?
Offtopic: Thanks for the invite

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-8-25 04:02 | Show all posts

agalson]
ltra_Dog]
[/QUOTE]
But what base is very good and wich is not? Because as 2nd sonarrate atm i got +22. Wich is allot in my opinion, but beside that i still get a decent amount of repair and restore +12/+11.
1st sonarman will kill the restore and repair rate and will increase the sonarman, but will that really make the difference? And do i need to see whats comming beyond my torprange?
Offtopic: Thanks for the invite
[/QUOTE]He is right. That is why I decided to use a dedicated Restore sailor to get my 900SD instead of using other sailors for it. What use does it give to see beyond the torp range? Strategy and Tactics. If you can see your prey before he sees you, you can plan your move and catch him where he can't evade. The one who spots first has the upper hand. 

Use magic Report

NavyField

2022-12-8 00:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.026557 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.