Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-20 19:35 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

go to shipline info .........I mean what level are you talking about?

Use magic Report

Acc. Sign-in1 Day
Cont. Sign-in1 Day

Threads

Credits

Corporal

Credits
Post time 2014-8-20 21:34 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

It depends on what you want to do.
If you want to be able to go FW or TBW with higher level CVs, you need at least 6 pilots of the respective type, preferrably 8 (the maximum number of pilots you can use). If you're going to be running a mix, I'd suggest a minimum of 4 pilots of each type, with more of whichever one you prefer.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-21 04:12 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

8 TBs if you're gonna participate in HA 

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-28 06:04 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

Probably best to avoid playing in a CV at low levels, although it is tempting, because your Aircraft stats won't be high enough for you to torp bomb effectively. They'll be shot down by AAW before you even get close to a high level BB/CV. This is why my torpers are all 12 Aircraft 11 Bomber, so I reached the Aircraft cap a lot faster which makes you more or less completely immune to AAW.

At lower levels I would suggest leveling your CV B.O in PCA/PCL and PBB/EBB's so you can get exp on your sailors without losing a lot through sailor deaths. I find my pilots lose a lot of crew when they're on the CV.

I, for one, play with 6 torpers, with 1 engineer (I'f I'm on the Ark Royal (UK CV)). I do have Fighters, but they're only level 86 and cannot fit on my Implacable yet. The reason I use the engineer over a repairer is simple; If you're in range of a BB and getting shot at then survivability doesn't really help you because they'll catch you and sink you anyways. I find overheating and dodging torps/bombers a lot more useful, but this is my personal preference.

I prefer playing in the Ark Royal, even though my B.O is 113, because I find that I am quite often the opposition against higher level CVs with fighters, but when I'm in my Ark the auto-balance is kinder to me and sometimes puts a higher level CV with me (who's also fighter stacked).

I've always used 6 Torpers because I prefer sending out 2 waves of 9 torpers. I don't like launching more than 3 torpers per sailor because the formation is wide and I prefer a narrower grouping. But as the other two gentleman said; 8 torpers if you want to deal damage (which is great in World at War games) and 8 fighters if you want to control vision in Great Battles.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-28 13:11 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

rowdeR]
Probably best to avoid playing in a CV at low levels, although it is tempting, because your Aircraft stats won't be high enough for you to torp bomb effectively. They'll be shot down by AAW before you even get close to a high level BB/CV. This is why my torpers are all 12 Aircraft 11 Bomber, so I reached the Aircraft cap a lot faster which makes you more or less completely immune to AAW.[/QUOTE]
To avoid spreading false information:
since the big CV patch of August 2010, a sailor's "aircraft" stat only works with recon pilots / scouts. It is a high "bomber" stat that gives AAW immunity to bombers. So "double-stats" pilots are 100% ineffective in the other stat.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-31 16:09 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

Ahh I didn't realise the scope of their updates and changes to CVs (inc. Pilots). I prefer the older system, less noob friendly and more skill based.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-8-31 17:48 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

rowdeR]
Ahh I didn't realise the scope of their updates and changes to CVs (inc. Pilots). I prefer the older system, less noob friendly and more skill based.
[/QUOTE]There isn't anything more "noob friendly" in one system or the other. What is "noob" is people still sticking to the old system 4 years after its demise.The change was not made for skill reasons, but for purely economic ones (for SDE) - since then the best pilots are elite sailors, not the 12/11 as before.

Use magic Report

Not Yet Sign

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-9-1 20:13 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

if you wnat to play fighters i would advise you to not hav emore than 6 fp but 1-2 scouts additionally, you can do light with scouts and fc with fighters then, like it should be

if you want to go for tb a minimum of 7 pilots offers the posibility that you can start you waves without (long) waiting times. another important point is that you can carry both a sonar AND engie/rep on your cv6.
if you want to run 8 pilots you have to think about space on your cv6. will you carry 8 pilots, 2 gunners and 1 engie OR sonar OR rep?

edit: dont do a mixed one please, they are useless for team and fleet

Use magic Report

Acc. Sign-in8 Day
Cont. Sign-in1 Day

Threads

Credits

Private

Credits
Post time 2014-9-28 06:58 | Show all posts

UK CV TB。。。。。

For UK i would go full TBW, 6 TB pilot and 2 Engy 1 Seaman thats my build and be sure to put 0.2 belt with full bulge 255* UK tbs are meanie and nasty if u get them right mine EBVE lv 112 for now, i could manage around 50k dmg minimum and 200k dmg max (270 dmg my personal record) around  90k to 100k+ exp per game, be a supporter TBW look for big ship (BB5 mostly) easy win if u know how to manage it, look around ur tbs waypoint make sure no fp near.
Cheers !
Off With Them Heads !!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | reg

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list